Mann's Jewelers

Family owned for nine generations, Mann’s Jewelers has grown from humble beginnings into one of the most well-respected jewelry stores in the country.

It all started in 1836 in Russia, where early members of the Mann family were skilled silver craftsman for Russian royalty.

In 1922, Louis Mann emigrated with his family from Russia to North America, where he opened a jewelry store in Buffalo, NY called Louis Mann & Sons.

Two generations later, the founder of Mann’s Jewelers we know today, Irving Mann, returned from World War II and followed in his family’s footsteps by attending the Canadian Horological Institute, graduating as a master watchmaker. In 1947, he moved to Rochester, NY and a short time later opened Mann’s Jewelers with his wife Gertrude. Side by side every day, they built a bustling downtown business that soon had a loyal customer base. The smiling face of Irving Mann (see the commercial that made him famous) quickly became recognizable to all of Rochester.

In 1968, urban renewal forced Mann’s Jewelers out of their original downtown location at 158 Clinton Avenue South, into the suburb of Brighton/Pittsford where it remains today, in Rochester’s most exclusive shopping district.

Visit MannsJewelers.com